August 9, 2009 | Filed Under Hair Care, Tips N Tricks | 1 Comment
Chronicles of a Curly Girl
As a curly hair I am always trying to find products and techniques that work for my curls!
Favorite Curly Products of the moment:
- Aveda Be Curly Shampoo; conditioner; and curl enhancer
- Moroccan Oil
I love the shampoo and conditioner and the curl enhancer!
I also use a little Morrocan Oil whenever I wash the hair; it helps to speed up the drying process.
I wash my hair every two to three days to avoid product buildups and to further define curls
- Brush hair while dry
- Wet hair completely before applying shampoo
- Apply diluted shampoo ( mix some water with your shampoo)
- Do not mix hair all over your head as it will cause tangles
- Brush the shampoo through the hair to make sure its distributed all over
- Rinse, Rinse, Rinse, Rinse, make sure you reinse all the shampoo out! Rinse with a brush to make sure all product are cleaned.
- Once you have rinse the hair completely; apply conditioner
- Apply conditioner from roots to ends, in sections,
- Brush conditioner through the hair to make sure product is distributed
- Let the conditioner sit for about 5-10 minutes
- Brush through
- Rinse the conditioner thoroughly
- Once the conditioner is rinsed out.. Use your hands to wring out excess water
- Apply a little Moroccan oil or any Frizz ease product – I also like Chi Silk Infusium
- Bend your head towards a towel- wrap the towels on your head – let the hair sit in the towel for about 15 minutes
- Apply the Aveeda Curl Enhancer while scrunching hair up to define the curls – before hair is completely dry
- You can either allow hair to air dry or use a diffuser to dry the hair ( when using a diffuser i normally tilt my head down and scrunch the hair)
Days when I do not wash or completely wet the hair, I have a spray bottle with apple cider Vinegar and distilled water that I spray completely on my hair.
To purchase Aveda products go here:
April 17, 2009 | Filed Under Store News | 11 Comments
General Store News:
The following items are in stock:
- Virgin Indian Straight Lace Frontal
- Swiss lace
- Silk Closures:
- Virgin Wavy
- Virgin Curls X^1
- Virgin Straight
- Kinky Kurls X^2 - Malaysia Origin – Several lengths and quantity are in stock
- Kinky Kurls – Indian Origin
We have the pretty Kinky Kurls of Indian origin for sale. Its limited Quantity in stock Very soft, thick and great wefts.
Out of Stock Items:
- Virgin Curls X^1 and X^2 will be in stock later on in the week. It should be available for sale by Wednesday
- Virgin Lace Closures are out of stock for about 2 weeks
Our Belissimo Collection is getting bigger. We now have South American Curls that ranges from 2b(wavy) to 3c (super curls)
New Product Alert!
I purchased Morrocan Oil to use on my South American Curls and this product is great! This is now the only thing I use. I use the Hydrating mask (weekly), the oil and the curl creme (Daily). Detailed product review to come. With pictures!
The sale was great! With only a few guff up’s! Please seal all the hair you purchased during the sale. Thank you for all those that participated in the sale — We appreciate it.
April 9, 2009 | Filed Under Hair Care, Tips N Tricks | No Comments
Hair: Lanik’s V. Curls X^2
Length: 20″ and 18″
Color: natural color
Installed- let very little hair out in the front. No hair on the sides, just the edges out
Stylist: Stylez By Karan in NY
Braid Pattern: Not sure, used a net
*Questions regarding installation should be directed to:
Stylez By Karan
Hair was worn in a bun for work.
Washed and conditioned with Sexy Hair Soy
Second week: Needed some more curl definition–
Washed and conditioned: Giovanni Tree Tea (sulfate free Poo) and conditioned with Giovanni conditioner.
Leave in conditioner– none, I did not wash off all the Giovanni conditioner- I left it in and use a white t-shirt to get the water out – when hair was about 70% dried, I use a diffuser to speed up the drying, after it dried, I use a little Olive oil to seal in moisture
Daily: Spray with water while head is upside down — use a little diluted non sulfate conditioner
Are you a curly girl? Share your regime! Thanks for reading!