March 27, 2009 | Filed Under Hair Care, Tips N Tricks | 4 Comments
Straightening Curly Hair
(We do not advise that you straighten process curls like Kinky Kurls)
Most people are afraid of straightening curly hair,however, the task is not as daunting once you know what you are doing.. a few tips!
The most important thing is that you do not want to damage
your pretty curls! And you do not want to end up with a
head full of frizzy straight/wavy/curly hair!
Ceramic Iron – To get your curls super straight without
damaging the hair you need a ceramic flat iron.
- GVP at Sally’s is very effective and goes for about $60!
Heat Protection: this is to protect your hair from the heat.
- GVP Heat protection at sallys
- Nexxus Heat Protectant
- IC Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum
Humidity Control- this is so that your straight hair lasts
Once you have all your tools; you are ready!
Wash hair thoroughly, you should use a clarifying shampoo and then a moisturizing shampoo, then condition as usual!
Do not leave any conditioner in the hair, rinse hair very well, make sure all products is out of the hair.
You may opt to blow dry or let air dry. If you are going to blow dry, the work will be easier, use a diffuser ( so that the heat will be distributed equally) Use heat protectant before blow drying.
Once your hair is dry; you can section the hair, use heat protectant again on the hair, and use a light serum; wait a few minutes for serum to dry; then flat iron as usually.
Once all the hair has straightened spray your humectant lightly on the hair. Daily basis, you should get away with just using a tiny bit of serum and the humidity control product.
Versatile curls rock !
March 25, 2009 | Filed Under FAQ, Tips N Tricks | 4 Comments
More about closures:
What is a closure?
A closure is a piece of silk or lace that mimics skin to create an artificial but natural looking scalp
LHB closures are either lace based or silk based:
- Both lace and silk closures, can be installed without adhesives.
- Both can be installed using adhesives
- Both are natural looking
- All our closures are free style, meaning that you can part the closure anywhere
- The base of the closure is either a light or brown color; please note that both of these closures can be stained to achieve your prefered color.
- The measurements for the closures are the same; and its standard size.
3.5″ by 4″
3.5″ is the width; this is the space it will cover (width) if you put it on your head- To get a better idea of what 3.5″ looks like on your head, please put a tape measure on your head and measure.
4″ is the depth, this is how far back it goes on your head when you install it.
Lace closure Specific:
All of our lace closures are medium to full density; all knots are bleached so, you do not have to bleached the knots when you received the closure.If you feel that the lace closure is not a perfect match to your skin color, you can dye the lace- you can also put a piece of fabric that matches your complexion (some people use pantyhose) underneath the lace closure.
More info on dying the lace: http://lanikshair.com/lanikscorner/?p=71
You can also use fabric dye or makeup to further alter the Silk and/ or Lace closures.
Silk Closure Specific:
Silk closures can be dyed using tea, fabric paint, makeup etc. to match your complexion. If silk is too dark for your complexion, you will not be able to lighten it.
All Closure care:
- Please seal your closures prior to wearing, also seal the closure every time you are installing. info on sealing here: http://lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=page_3
- Wash closure very well with warm water- make sure all you do not have product buildup on the scalp part of the closure.
- Rinse closure every week with diluted apple cider vinegar to clarify and clean
- When brushing the closure, brush gently, to avoid pulling hair out from the roots. Also use a Denman brush with balls on the tips or a wide tooth comb- avoid using too much pressure on the closure.
- If you part your closure continuously in one spot, the spot may start to bald. To prevent balding alternate parting spots
- To part the closure, wet it lightly with water.
If anyone has any added tips regarding closures; please share them. We will love to hear tips on installing closures! As always, thank you!
Our closure is now a lighter density than previously offered. Its about 10%-15% lighter than what we previously offered. Also the base of our closure has slightly changed in construction! We are pleased to say that our closrues have improved and and are of the same great quality we had before.
Available Textures in both Silk and Lace:
- Virgin Indian Curls
- Virgin Indian Straight
- Virgin Indian Wavy
Silk Closures: http://lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=67
Lace Closures: http://lanikshair.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=91
SuperNatural Remy Fresh Relaxed
March 22, 2009 | Filed Under Store News | 7 Comments
General Store News
Sale! ! !
- Kinky Kurls X^1 is on sale- 20% off!
- Virgin straight silk closures is also on sale for 15% off
(The sale will last while supply lasts. No Rain check. No return/exchange on sale items)
Out of Stock Items:
- Kinky Kurls X^2 is still not in stock; we are working on getting the hair in stock in a week or so.
- Wavy and Curly Silk closures are out of stock
- Lace closures are still out of stock; we are hoping to have this in stock next week.
The following products are in stock:
- V. Straight
- V. Curls X^1 and X^2
- V. Wavy
- Kinky Straight
- Kinky Kurls X^1
As always thank you!